Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My teaching philosophy



As a student in a famous educational university (UPSI) and also a teacher-to-be, i have my own mission in teaching. My mission is to be a "guru bitara" and the word 'bitara' means something unique. So i decided to be a unique teacher which i can teach, helps and approach my students in a unique way. Im sure by doing this it may bring a close relationship between me and my students...InsyaAllah. It is because i believe with the strong relationship, the learning process will become more interesting and easier for students.

Besides, i would like to create a condusive
environment for my students. How can i do that? of course by create a critical thinking and asking them based on the previous lesson. I need to continue to stretch their thinking... to let them know that learning isn't always in a book or on the black board. It can also come from within their own little minds. Let their voices be heard. This will refresh their learning outcome by effective learning in the class.

As we know, induction set is the first step in the teaching process. Induction set also play an important role in the teaching process. It determine the achievement of learning objectives. So i should come with a different kind of induction set so that i can attract my students and they can focus untill the end of class.

Other than that, a good teacher is the one who have a sense of humor. I believe in that. Although the learning process is a formal activity, i can fill it with little humor. A very lame class is not suitable for learning because it may distract student's attention and they can be sleepy in the class. By creating some humor, my student will not feel bored and sleepy anymore. I hope their passion in learning also increase. Its kind of my strategy in teaching.

The other important things that should be consider is communication between teacher and student. As a teacher, we should have good personality because we are the role model for our students. The main thing is we should be a friendly teacher in order to attract students to approach us anytime. Lets consider this situation, if there are 2 teachers with different personality, first one is very hot-tempered and the other is a caring one, who do you want to be at your side when you needed? For me, i definitely choose the caring teacher so that the communication process become smooth. Actually there are a lots of things to be ponder in teaching. All these may enhance the teaching and also the learning process. Please pray for me because im on my way to the long amazing journey of teaching ^_^
MySpace



No comments:

Post a Comment